Monday, October 16, 2006

Former Racers Blog - Episode 5

Former Racers Blog

More thoughts and comments from past racers, participants and winners of the Amazing Race. They dissect and comment on this week's episode. I actually agree with Tyler (one of the Hippies and last year's winner). Where are the product placements in this round? Not that I'm really complaining, it just seems a little weird, no?

My main concern with this season is the lack of colorful product placement. In our season we were showered with Travelocity Roaming Gnomes, Mercedes Benz rides, and even a “Da Vinci Code” theatrical trailer that played in the middle of an episode. I’m actually typing this blog from the T-Mobile Sidekick 3 that BJ and I both won in the Japan leg of our race. “Jump for joy!”

When Phil awarded 1st place team Rob and Kimberly with their “jet skies,” I wanted to have the show cut to a clip of two bronzed models racing across Lake Tahoe, a thin rainbow colored oil sheen trailing, followed by a shameless promotion of who was fronting the bills. I don’t know about you, but I want to know where my million bucks comes from.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home