Monday, October 02, 2006

Thoughts on Episode 3 - BJ

Return of the Racers is a part of the Official Amazing Race site where past racers/winners/participants can comment on this season. Here's what BJ (one of the hippies and winners of last season) had to say about this leg of the race [cbs.com] - he even shares some thoughts that I expressed in my recap post :p

10/2/06 5:48 am
If this episode taught us one thing, it's that it not who gets on the bus first - it's who gets on the RIGHT bus.

But there were other lessons to be learned. David & Mary taught us to keep your fanny pack on your fanny. Erwin & Godwin taught us that beauty sells more flowers than muscles. Tom & Terry taught us that although it might feel right to wrap your arms around a Vietnamese boy on a moped, Phil will get jealous. Lyn & Karlyn taught us, once again, that they sure do love to compare the Race to childbirth. Rob & Kimberly taught us nothing. And Dustin & Kandice taught us that they will not be upset if neither of them wins Miss Congeniality. They're going for the million dollar crown.

Speaking of which, Terry...Tom, whatever your name is, don't give Kandice the "I really thought we were friends" speech. We all heard you say on the first episode that you didn't come on the Race to make friends, so don't expect other racers to put your friendship before the last seats on a flight. I consider Lake my friend, but if we were racing a 100-yard dash tomorrow for 100 grand, I wouldn't be surprised if he threw an elbow my way. (Am I right, Yolanda?) Besides, those girls are pageant queens. You KNOW they are capable of anything.

In closing, I think the Roadblock should have been called, "Who's ready to peddle petals on pedals?"

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Renee P said...

Great review!! I have actually missed the last 2 episodes and I have to keep up to date online. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home